#GiveMeAMackie Instagram Contest Rules
THE BOB MACKIE #GiveMeAMackie INSTAGRAM CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
EVENT SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored by Bob Mackie Design Group, Ltd. (“Sponsor”) located at 230 PARK AVENUE, SUITE 303, NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10169.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The #GiveMeAMackie Instagram Contest (the “Contest”) is
only open to legal U.S. residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington D.C., 16 years or older, who were not or are not in the employment of Bob Mackie Design Group, Ltd. or any of their respective affiliates, or subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and other coordinating agencies involved in this promotion or the household members or immediate family members (spouses, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings) of any of the above. Void outside the fifty United States and where prohibited by law.
2. TIMING. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 1, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on August 29, 2013 (the “Entry Period”).
3. How to Enter
To enter the Contest, you must be a registered Instagram application user. To become an Instagram user is free. Once an Instagram user, you must follow the Bob Mackie, Sammy Davis Vintage, and Screaming Mimi’s account on Instagram. Using Instagram, create a video expressing why you deserve to win a vintage Bob Mackie Dress. Limit one entry per person, per email address, during the Promotion Period. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that participant's plays and that participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations and entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose user name and email address is submitted as part of this contest. Contest may have many different creative presentations.
4. PRIZES: Prizes
Grand Prize consists of: A VINTAGE BOB MACKIE COLLECTION GOWN
Approximate Retail Value: $2,000
2 (Two) 1st Place Prize consists of: A SET OF BOB MACKIE ART NOTEBOOKS
Approximate Retail Value: $40
Prizes must be claimed between September 1, 2013 and September 10, 2013 or winners forfeit all rights to prizes. Restrictions apply. See below for detailed restrictions.
RESTRICTIONS DO APPLY. If Winners are unable to redeem the prizes during the designated time period, the Grand Prize will be forfeited. WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ON GRAND PRIZE.
5. SELECTION; ODDS OF WINNING. A selection of all eligible entrants will be held on or about August 15, 2013 (the “SELECTION”). There will be 10 (ten) semi-finalists chosen by Samantha Davis of Sammy D. Vintage and Laura Wills of Screaming Mimi’s. There will be 1 (one) winner for the Grand Prize chosen by Bob Mackie of Bob Mackie Design Group, Ltd. Odds of winning a prize in the Contest are dependant upon the number of valid entries received and the judges’ discretion. The winners shall be selected based on the creativity and uniqueness displayed in the video entry from all eligible entries received. Sponsor shall have sole and final decision over all matters related to the Contest. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value should the prizes stated become unavailable for any reason.
6. Winner Selection
On or about August 28, 2013, the independent judging agencies will select 1 (one) entry for each the prizes described below in Section 8 from all valid entries received. The entrants will be contacted using the email address or the Instagram.com profile provided with the entry and may be awarded the prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these rules.) Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winners will be notified on or around September 1, 2013. Failure to respond to the initial contact within 5 (five) days of notification will result in disqualification.
7. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSORS WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Winners are required to complete, execute and return a Prize Acceptance Affidavit and a possible Publicity Release within 7 (seven) days of date of notification. Failure to return documents in timely manner, or if prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, disqualification will result and an alternate winner will be selected.
9. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right to use and publish winner's name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds: (1) to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; (2) to be acting in violation of the terms of the web site, or (3) to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
10. RELEASE; ASSUMPTION OF RISK. In consideration for entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any judging related activity, or participation in the judging and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Sponsor, its subsidiaries, parents, and affiliates (each a "Released Party") from all liabilities,
litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Drawing related activity, or participation in the Drawing and/or entrant's engagement in the activities hereunder, including those injuries and damages caused by a party's alleged or actual: 1) negligence or 2) breach of any express or implied warranty.
11. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1): any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winner shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the J.A.M.S. Rules of Arbitration, then effective, and (2) any and
all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. In consideration of entering the Contest, ALL ENTRANTS CONTRACTUALLY AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be GOVERNED BY NEW YORK LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION shall be in the District Court for the State of
New York or in Federal Court for the State of New York.
12. WINNERS LIST. For name of winner(s) send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt to THE #GIVEMEAMACKIE INSTAGRAM CONTEST 230 PARK AVENUE SUITE 303, NEW YORK, NEW YORK 10169 by December 3, 2013.